GARDENER JOBS: JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking to hire a gardener to join our growing team based in East Dulwich (SE22), South East London.
Initially the role will be part-time, with scope to increase the hours to closer to full-time.
We are really interested in finding an applicant who has an interest in horticulture/or a real willingness to learn about horticulture.
We are passionate about plants and gardens, and we love what we do – we’re looking to hire a like minded gardener. We are more than happy to train up the right candidate, but some experience or knowledge of horticulture would be really useful. We will provide you with your own uniform, and tools for use on jobs.
THE APPLICANT NEEDS TO BE:
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Have an interest in gardening and plants.
- Horticultural qualifications or training will be advantageous, but is not essential as there will be ‘on the job’ learning.
- A good morning person (early starts are a must in this line of work)
- Happy to work in all weathers – that’s rain and the cold of winter!
- Be willing to weed – which can be repetitive but is quite satisfying once complete!
- Friendly/polite to clients
- Hardworking, and physically able to carry out manual tasks such as digging/lifting etc.
- You will need to be able to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
- Work quickly and efficiently
- Be able to speak fluent English and understand the language
- A clean, full driver’s license is a must.
- Based in or around South East London, or able to travel to a base in East Dulwich (SE22).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A varied and interesting job. You will see a wide range of different gardens and get to undertake a whole range of tasks. No one day is the same.
- We will pay you a reasonable living wage – significantly higher than the national living wage which is currently £7.50.
- Paid annual holiday entitlement (determined by number of hours worked).
- To be part of a youthful, independent and growing brand.
To apply for the role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line: Gardener Application) and include a short sentence about yourself, your age, where you live, and an updated CV.
Successful applicants will be invited for a quick/informal chat, before we make a decision.
We will carry out a paid trial period before finalising any employment.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Dru Pearcy – Managing Partner